Exhibition François Brochet
In 1942 François BROCHET met « the Corbusier »
In 1955 along with the group from” L’arquebuse”, Bernard Buffet, M.Ciry…
They set up their first artistic exhibition in the Viollet-le-Duc museum.
In 1983 he opened his house “l’été à Vézelay”
N° 52 Rue Saint-Etienne
where he came to draw & paint.
After his death in 2001, this address became a gallery presenting his paintings, sculptures & engravings, and also “les coups de coeur” of different artists who for him, “marked out his own path”
Underneath the gallery in the 12th century cellar are different styles of ceramics from the 1950’s-70’s, Vallauris, Puisaye… and especially the “potters from ACCOLAY and the ZAZOU era.
In “his house” at the foot of the cathedral Saint Etienne, he started in 1946 making wall tapestries and also his direct carving works of Marie Noël, Cadet Roussel, Retif de la Bretonnes…
In 1983 he gave to the town of Auxerre his “massacre des Innocents” work, which
Include more than 100 wooden polychromed sculptures which are now kept in “la musée des Visitandines.